UN Global Compact: Committed to Corporate Sustainability
LoGOs Energía's recent adherence to the UN Global Compact is a further step in our plan for sustainable growth that respects the environment and society.
This Global Compact is considered the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative, and urges its members to commit to 10 universal principles related to human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption.
To achieve this, companies must not leave behind the main SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals). These are related, among many other things, to equality rights, access to affordable energy or sustained economic growth.
Within all these Sustainable Development Principles and Goals, the UN attaches particular importance to the fight against climate change, currently one of the most serious problems we face.
Of the 17 SDGs, SDG 13 advises companies to "Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts", setting as a goal the reduction of global temperature to levels close to those of the pre-industrial era.
In this sense, in LoGOs Energía we are clearly committed to the generation of renewable energies, non-polluting and completely respectful with the environment (100% green energies), being Biogas our main project in the short and medium term.
LoGOs Energia and its strong commitment to Biogas
Our project involves the construction of 4 biogas production plants in Cantabria, thanks to which we will be able to generate renewable energy from organic waste such as slurry.
With its treatment, we will generate renewable gas and fertilizer, reducing the emission of greenhouse gases. In addition, removing this toxic waste avoids soil and water contamination. With this measure we will improve the health of people and animals and collaborate with the fulfillment of the Universal Principles on social welfare.
The gas produced (biomethane) is a Natural Gas similar to the traditional fossil gases found in nature and therefore, ideal to replace them. It has the same properties but, however, the emission of polluting particles is much lower. Its exploitation contributes to the fight against climate change and the decarbonization of the energy sector.
Among the advantages of biogas we can highlight the following:
- It reuses organic waste, thus contributing to the generation of circular economies.
- The emission of polluting components is minimal compared to that produced by fossil fuels. We are therefore talking about a clean energy that will be key to reducing current CO2 levels, the main cause of climate change.
- Develops the local economy. In the case of LoGOs, our objective is to install biogas plants in municipalities with less than 5,000 inhabitants, thus boosting the growth of the most rural areas.
With our registration in the United Nations Global Compact and our commitment to biogas, we have become a sustainable energy solution committed to the environment. Our values are focused on caring for the planet, society and, of course, our customers.
If you are interested in contracting your electricity and gas tariff with LoGOs Energía we remind you that we have very interesting alternatives, both from the point of view of energy efficiency and self-consumption, including the installation of solar panels so you can generate your own energy in a responsible way. Do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you find the solution that best suits your needs.
The principles on which LoGOs has worked and will work from its adherence to the Global Compact are the following:
- We will support and respect the protection of human rights.
- We will not participate, under any circumstances, in human rights violations.
- We will defend freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- We will defend the elimination of forced or compulsory labor.
- We will defend the abolition of child labor.
- We will defend the elimination of any type of labor discrimination.
- We will strive to meet key environmental challenges.
- We will carry out environmentally responsible initiatives.
- We will promote the development of planet-friendly technologies.
- We will fight corruption, extortion and bribery.